Monday, May 25, 2015

Another week as a trio!!!

So it's been a pretty good week.  We found 3 new investigators this week! YAY!!! we taught two of them the Restoration and the other one we taught bits of the Plan of Salvation.  We taught Hannah Grimes again this week too and she's getting prepped for baptism.  We are so excited.  So is she!

Honestly this week Sister Anderson and Sister Lazzarotto and I have become really close.  We are always laughing together.  We have become shoulders to cry on for each other and we have laughed so hard that we're crying. We have been super busy though, so we haven't had time to take pictures or even write home much.

But I do want to share an experience with y'all.  On Friday at District meeting, I really wasn't feeling well.  So there's this thing called "chapel time" that we do. It's when we take 10 minutes out of our meeting and go sit in the chapel quietly and ponder questions that we have about our investigators or what not.  And when I sat down in the chapel, and after i said my prayer asking Heavenly Father to help me understand what he needed me to do, I randomly flipped open the June 2015 Ensign and it landed on this talk: "The Eternal Perspective of the Gospel."

Two of the quotes in that talk really hit me.  "Perspective is the way we see things when we look at them from a certain distance, and it allows us to appreciate their true value." I really like that one because I have had to have a new perspective about my life and my mission and everything after my mission.  I have had new opportunities open to me and other doors close.  But I am always thankful and excited for change in my life because it helps me to become better and it helps me to become the woman my Heavenly Father always intended me to be.  The other quote was: "After they understood what it was, something that at first looked unpleasant to them ended up being something very attractive."  I liked that quote even more because even though things get hard sometimes, The Lord is always there and he's ready to help us.  When we are diligently seeking to do what's right and to follow him, the Lord comes running to our rescue or sends someone else running to our rescue because He loves us so much.  The Lord will never leave us if we are seeking to do what's right.

So this week, embrace whatever changes the Lord helps you make.  He is our father and he loves us so much.  He knows what will make us better.  He knows.  I love my Father in Heaven and I know that sometimes change hurts, but it's so worth it.  Embrace the change and do your best to follow in the Lord's footsteps.

I love you all!
~Sister Weaver




No comments:

Post a Comment