Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Here's 3 of Hannah's letters and pictures in one...

Monday, July 6, 2015~

First of all.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDDYYYY!!! EVEN THOUGH THIS IS 2 DAYS LATE!!!

Secondly, this week has been super interesting.  We found a burnt mummified petrified frog on a sidewalk, Sister Athay was asked to prom by a high schooler, and the dust devils in this area are like twisters. LEGIT!!! 

SO this is gonna be a shorter email, due to the time restraint, buuuuuttt it was a good week.  We found a few more families to teach and so we're going to go follow up with them this week and see where their progression is and how we can help them.  This past couple weeks, the Lord has had Sister Athay and I doing a lot of finding.  We have only taught one official lesson in the last couple weeks, so we've been doing a ton of tracting but we have found lots of people.

We went on exchanges with our Sister Training Leaders this week and I got to spend some time with Sister Staples! She took me out that first day I arrived in the mission field :D And also I got to talk with Sister Jacobs for a few hours too.  It was so amazing to see her.  But while we were on exchanges, Sister Staples and I found 4 people to teach! SO EXCITING!

Anyhow, on the 4th we had to be inside at 6:30 due to the craziness that happens everywhere. So some members fed us and gave us fresh peaches and cream to take home.  And then we watched the fireworks from the fairgrounds from our bedroom window :)

Anyways, not much to say today, I'm sooooo busy. So if I don't get your emails answered quickly or at all, it's because I'm super busy. That's all it is ;)

Anyways, I found great comfort in Mosiah 27:29 this week. Read it! :D
I love you all and hope you've had a fantastic week!

XOXO, Sister Hannah Weaver




Monday, June 29, 2015~

Man this is gonna be a short email.  So this week was super bittersweet.  We went to the LA temple and I received the comfort and answers I needed to continue on throughout my mission.  I love the temple.  The traffic was super scary though.  The answers I received while I was there are found in 3 Nephi 22:6-17 and Ether 6:4-12. Look em up and tell me what you think :)

As for appointments, everything and anything went wrong this week.  Every single appointment fell through no matter how hard we tried to keep them.  But it was a blessing in disguise.  We found 7 potential FAMILIES to teach this week.  We literally tracted all week. Very character building.  

Anyways, I'm sorry I don't have much time to write or respond but that's how it is today.  I love you all!

Love,
Sister Weaver








Monday, June 22, 2015~


Big news of the week! Travis got baptized and confirmed a member of the Church!!! And he was so excited!!!!!!  It was a fantastic baptism and towards the end of the meeting we saw him tearing up :D He's so fantastic. Seriously.

Second! I'm going to the LA temple this Tuesday! YAYYYYYY!!!!!!!!! And Happy late Father's day Daddy!!!
Okay so highlights of this week :D  Okay.... gotta just write this down.

"June 17, 2015.
We went tracting in a real sketchy area.  But as we were getting ready to head back to the car, I had a feeling that we should walk around the block to see what was there.  Well we did and I saw an older man with a cane talking to someone.  As he looked in our direction, we waved at him and he grinned and waved back.  Then he walked across the street and said hello and asked if he could walk with us.  So as we did, we started introducing ourselves and found out that his name is Ron and he's 65.  We walked down the road and he talked about how it's admirable that we can have so much hope to help change people's lives and have enough faith that we can help them change their moral behavior.  Anyhow, as we were walking him back to his house he asked us why we're out here talking to people who don't necessarily care about religion.  We were able to bear our testimonies of Christ and our divine roles as children of God to him.  He stopped us in the middle of us saying this and told us, 'I know who you are.'  We asked who he thought we were.  He responded, 'You are literally angels sent from God to walk with me tonight.'  He was AWESOME!"

Yeah it was an awesome night because we actually were able to testify of truths to him.  And we're going back this week.

Also, our car quit on us a couple times this week and during the time that it was in the repair shop to get fixed, we found a new potential investigator.  We talked to him for a while and then he had to go but when we asked him if we could come back and what time we could come back, he said, "I always have time for God.  You're welcome to come back."

We probably wouldn't have found him had our car not died for a day.  God works in mysterious ways.
Also, when we went to check on Sylvester (one of our investigators) because he hadn't contacted us for a while, he opened the door invited us in and we ended up teaching his brother about the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  His brother's name is Tremiel and he's been seeking for the truth for a long time.  When we invited him at the end of the lesson to read the Book of Mormon and pray sincerely about it he said he would.  We're really excited about it.

I just want to testify to you that the gospel of Jesus Christ and his church has been restored to the earth today.  The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is literally the same church Jesus Christ established on the earth when he was here.  I know this in my heart and my mind without a doubt.  I have studied and prayed diligently to know if this is the true church of Jesus Christ and it is.  I have had that reconfirmed to me many times by the Holy Ghost.  I strongly urge you to meet with the missionaries no matter your situation to learn these truths.  I know that it will only add and grow your faith in Jesus Christ and his teachings.  I promise you that as you learn these things that your concerns and challenges and burdens will be made lighter and you will have strength given to you by the power of God to endure and overcome.  I don't make promises lightly.  Be willing to follow through with this.  I promise you ten fold that the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the message we have to share will change your life forever.

I say this because I love each and every one of you.  I say these things in the name of our beloved Savior, Jesus Christ, Amen.

Love, 
Sister Hannah Weaver





No comments:

Post a Comment