Sunday, February 22, 2015

He Calms Troubled Souls Too!

Today while I was in class I heard quite an inspirational quote: "Sometimes God calms the storm... sometimes he lets the storm rage and calms his child."  I really liked this because I really sincerely believe that sometimes the storm has to happen so we will feel the power of his love more when he comforts us.
The quote itself is self-explanatory.  But the feeling behind it is what drives it straight into my heart.  God has calmed some of the storms in my life for me because without it I wouldn't have been able to feel his power and his influence over everything in my life.  He wanted me to know that he is in control.  He wanted me to know that he can change things for me in the blink of an eye.  For example: I haven't been able to afford some things in my life that I've wanted, but He helped me attend college for a semester.  That money for it came out of nowhere.  That was a storm that He calmed for me.  But sometimes we need to feel His infinite love and nothing else in the world can help us in the situation but His love.  And sometimes we need that opportunity to know that He's there for us through the thick and thin.  So an instance where He's calmed me was when I was freaking out about some very serious decisions in my life and I had no idea what to do or where to turn for answers... so I prayed and I vented and I cried to Him about it.  Well, He didn't solve my problem and He didn't give me any answers.  But what He did give me was peace and comfort and unfathomable love.  I felt as if a heavy coat had been lifted from my shoulders for a moment so I could breathe.  And when the weight of the burden was back on my shoulders, I could bear it more easily and with optimism in my view.
I know that I am a Child of the Most High God.  He protects me.  He watches over me.  And He comforts me.  I know that in moments of turbulent winds and seemingly fatal waves, so to speak, God can strengthen us.  He may calm the storm in our life to show us that He is there and that He is very mindful of us, or He may let it rage and he may calm us and hold us close so we know that we are never alone.  "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you." (John 14:18) "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you.  Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." (John 14:27)

No comments:

Post a Comment